Dear valued supporters,
My name is Martha and I am the Executive Director here at the Cherry Brook Zoo. I am personally reaching out to you for further support during this unprecedented time the world is currently facing. I understand that many of us (myself included) are facing a scary financial reality through the closure of businesses, layoffs, and the uncertainty that this COVID-19 virus may bring to our community.
However, I wanted to reach out and give you the opportunity to help once again. We are looking for financial assistance, large or small, and even though some of you are unable to give, others can. Please be aware that the animals still need us and we need to be here for them every single day.
Please forward the following message along to any and all animal lovers in your life who want to make a significant difference, while enjoying FREE educational videos on our Facebook Page throughout this pandemic (details below).
COVID-19 Emergency Operation Funds needed for Cherry Brook Zoo
As a non-profit, charitable organization, the Cherry Brook Zoo relies on ticket sales, special events, and donations to operate. As our Zookeeping staff continues to provide excellent care for our animals, being closed will have a significant negative impact on our overall operating budget.
The basic financial needs to run our facility is approximately $25,000 a month. We currently have 33 different species and 84 individual animals that call Saint John their home. We also have trained staff in veterinary care, firearms safety in case of an emergency, first aid, and pet first aid, and many years of animal care experience.
There are many ways to provide financial support, while having fun in the process! Our donation programs include:
· ADOPT (Animals Depend On People Too) program! Shake up your family tree by adopting a Zoo animal of your choice! One-time donations range from $25 - $1000+. All details can be found on our webpage http://cherrybrookzoo.ca/news/adopt-a-zoo-animal-into-your-family-1/
· Sponsor an animal habitat! Are you looking to advertise your business, or simply show your support to every visitor, while giving back to your local Zoo AND making a difference? Sponsor an animal habitat today! All details can be found on our webpage: http://cherrybrookzoo.ca/news/sponsor-an-animal-enclosure/
· Monthly Giving! Become a Friend of the Zoo and be part of the team that makes a lasting difference! Monthly giving can range anywhere from $10 a month to $100+. All details can be found on our webpage: http://cherrybrookzoo.ca/news/become-a-monthly-sponsor-today/
A few other ways to donate today:
• Cash or Cheque - This option can be sent in the mail or in person (we can greet you at your car).
• Simply click the "Make a donation" button at the bottom of each page on our website. www.cherrybrookzoo.ca You can pay with paypal, credit, or debit.
• Credit cards – call us over the phone and we can take your information!
• In person – Come visit us at the Zoo and we will set you up (we will greet you at your car).
JOIN US ON OUR VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP!
You can also subscribe to our new kid-friendly YouTube channel with the uploaded videos of our field trip daily throughout the weekdays!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally with any questions or concerns that you may have at email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time in reading this message and I sincerely wish health and happiness on each and every one of you. Stay safe and look out for one another.
Cherry Brook Zoo Inc.
901 Foster Thurston Drive
Saint John NB